Teriyaki Chicken Balls
These are so incredibly tasty and so easy to make. Serve with a side of veggies or on top of egg-fried rice or plain rice.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , grates
- 500g chicken thigh meat, diced
- 40g Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C Fan
- Put the onion, apple, carrot and ginger into a processor. Whiz until roughly chopped. Add the chicken and breadcrumbs and whiz again until finely chopped.
- Shape into 35 balls . Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Measure all of the glaze ingredients into a frying pan. Simmer for 2 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Add the balls to the pan and heat thoroughly for about 2 minutes until the glaze has coated the balls.