Tender Beef Stir Fry
It’s important to top up your iron levels during pregnancy, so give this tender beef stir fry a go.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 200 g sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 50 g small broccoli florets
- 75 g baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pak choi, thinly sliced or 60g sugar snap peas
- salt & pepper
- Mix the mirin, soy sauce, water and cornflour together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat a wok until hot. Coat the steak slices in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and the honey and season with salt and pepper. Quickly fry over a high heat until brown and just cooked.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in the pan. Add the broccoli and red pepper and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the corn and sugar snap peas or pak choi and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and bubble. Season. Toss together until the sauce has coated the vegetables and beef.