Tasty Lentil Bolognese
You won’t miss the meat in this delicious recipe. Suitable for vegans!
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and finely diced
- ½ small aubergine, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g puy lentils (dried)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 250g spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, carrots and aubergine.
- Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and coat in the mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes. stock, sundried tomato paste and seasoning.
- Cover with a lid, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are soft and the sauce is reduced. Add the thyme and soy sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instruction, drain and toss the sauce.