Tasty Lentil Bolognese
You won’t miss the meat in this delicious recipe. Suitable for vegans!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and finely diced
- ½ small aubergine, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g puy lentils (dried)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 250g spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, carrots and aubergine.
- Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and coat in the mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes. stock, sundried tomato paste and seasoning.
- Cover with a lid, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are soft and the sauce is reduced. Add the thyme and soy sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instruction, drain and toss the sauce.