Tasty Beef Croquettes with Five Vegetables
A good way to use up left over roast beef and a great way to ensure your little one gets his five a day including kale the king of veggies…
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g onion, chopped
- 125g carrot, peeled and grated
- 50g courgette, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 170g cold mashed potatoes
- 80g cooked roast beef slices, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- A few drops worcestershire sauce
- 30g parmesan, grated (can use dairy-free cheese)
- 50g kale
- 15g dried breadcrumbs
- Extra dried breadcrumbs for coating
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft. Add the grated carrot and courgette and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat and leave to cool. Once cool, mix in the cold mashed potatoes, thyme, beef, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan and 15g of breadcrumbs.
- Cook the kale in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes until tender, then drain , chop and add it to the croquette mixture. Form the mixture into 18 tube shaped croquettes, roll them in extra breadcrumbs, then transfer to a tray and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the croquettes until golden all over and slightly crispy on the outside.