Sweet Potato & Squash
Suitable from 6 months. The orange flesh of the vegetables is rich in vitamin A, helping to boost the immune system.
- 500 g butternut squash
- 450 g sweet potato
- a generous knob of butter or margarine
- 1 cups a little breast or formula milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Lay a large sheet of aluminium foil on a baking sheet and spread out the squash and sweet potato on top.
- Dot the butter over the vegetables and sprinkle with the water. Lift the sides of the foil and scrunch them together to make a loose parcel. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow the squash and sweet potato to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender, along with any cooking liquid. Blend to a smooth puree.