Sushi Sandwich Rolls
My sushi style wraps are an ingenious way to get kids trying new ingredients. Simple replace rice with bread for this quick and inexpensive lunchbox pleaser.
For the sandwiches
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 x 80g tin of tuna in spring water
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 6-8 batons of cucumber cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- Put the two slices of bread onto a board and remove the crusts.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread until about 5 mm / 1/8 in thick.
- Mix the tuna together with one tablespoon of the sweet chilli sauce.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise (½ tbsp per slice) over the bread and then spoon the tuna about a quarter of an inch from the edge of the bread in a line.
- Arrange the cucumber strips in a line above the tuna, followed by the grated carrot.
- Roll up from the tuna end and press down to seal. Trim ends to neaten using a sharp knife, then cut into three little rolls.