Steak with Tarragon & Mushroom Sauce
Add an extra depth of flavour with this creamy mushroom sauce. It tastes heavenly when poured over your fillet of steak.
- 2 thick sirloin or fillet steaks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150 ml wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 150 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Take the steaks out of the fridge for 10 minutes. Season and rub with 2 tbsp of oil. Heat a frying pan until hot. Fry the steaks for 4 minutes each side until medium pink. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the cream and mushrooms. Stir for 3 minutes then add the Worcestershire sauce and tarragon and season.