Star Sandwich Skewers
Kids often eat with their eyes, so here’s a great twist on a sandwich favourite. And you can squeeze in some veggies too.
- 12 slices of Milk Roll
- A little soft butter
- 2 sliced cooked turkey
- 2 slices of Gruyere cheese
- Lettuce cut into small pieces
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 6 small cherry tomatoes*
- 2 long wooden skewers*
- Star cutter (or you could use another shape)
- *These Star Sandwiches are fun to make with your child but when putting into lunchboxes for young children, remember to cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and remove skewers.
- Spread the 12 slices of bread with butter.
- Top 6 of the slices with thin turkey slices and Gruyere cheese.
- Place the buttered slices of bread on top of the cheese to make two sandwiches and lightly press down.
- Using your star cutter, stamp out three stars from each of the sandwiches.
- Thread a star sandwich, followed by a slice of cucumber, a little lettuce and a cherry tomato onto a skewer.
- Repeat so that each skewer holds three sandwiches, three sections of lettuce and three tomatoes.