St Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these green-frosted festive St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes.
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g soft butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g self raising flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- green food gel (7g tube)
- 250g ready to roll green fondant icing
- black licorice rolls
- 12 Cheerios
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C.
- Line a 12 case muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Measure all of the sponge ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk using an electric hand, whisk until light & fluffy. Spoon into the cases.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden & springy in the middle. Leave to cool.
- Make the buttercream icing. Measure the butter & half of the icing sugar into a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the remaining sugar & the whole tube of colouring. Whisk until light & fluffy, Spoon into piping bag with a flute nozzle.
- Make the hats. Mold the green fondant icing into little tubes to make the tops of the hats.
- Cut out round circles using a plain cutter to make the base of the hats.
- Stick together using a little buttercream. Put a line of licorice around the join & stick a Cheerio in the middle using the buttercream icing.
- Pipe the buttercream on top of the cakes. Place a hat on top.