Spooky Halloween Platter
Treat…or treat? Never fear, our Halloween recipes are here. A spooky Halloween platter of witches, ghouls and skeletons will certainly terrify the best of them.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the sandwich
- 75g cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 sliced wholemeal bread
- 2 tsp soft butter
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 100g baby carrots
- Greed grapes
- 6 slices gruyere cheese
- Mini pretzels
For the Witch
- 2 avocados
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Squeeze of lemon
- Red chilli or red pepper , sliced into thin strips
- Tortilla chips
- Edible eyes
- Stoned Black olives
- Carrot for hair
- To make the sandwiches. Mix the chicken and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Lightly butter the bread. Spread the chicken on one half. Put sliced tomato and lettuce on top. Press another slice of bread on top. Using a ghost cutter, stamp out four ghosts.
- Stamp out ghosts from the wrap. Brush with oil. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the ghosts and fry for a few minutes until golden.
- Stamp out ghosts from the wrap. Brush with oil . heat a frying pan until hot. Add the ghosts and fry for a few minutes until golden.
- Stamp out ghosts and skulls from the cheese slices.
- To make the dip measure the avocado, tomato, onion, garlic and lemon in a processor. Whiz until smooth. Season and spoon into a bowl. Decorate with carrot hair, edible eyes, olives, red pepper and a tortilla chip for the witches hat.
- Arrange the tortilla ghosts, grapes, cheese, carrots and sandwiches on a platter. Put the witches dip on the plate.
- Add edible eyes to complete the ghosts and skull faces.