Spiralized Vegetables with Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Pesto
For a low calorie lunch, this courgette and carrot spaghetti is a brilliant choice. Plus it’s packed with bags of flavour from the roasted peppers & homemade pesto.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 Romero red peppers, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 650 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 g pine nuts, toasted
- 75 g Italian hard-style cheese, grated
- 30 g basil, chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded & diced
- 5 large courgettes
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 140 Fan. To make the pesto, put the peppers onto a baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of oil and season.
- Put the tomatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of oil and season.
- Put both baking sheets into the oven for 45 minutes until semi dried. Leave to cool.
- Put the cold peppers and tomatoes into a food processor with the remaining oil, garlic, 75g of pinenuts, basil, cheese and chilli. Whiz until smooth and season.
- Put the courgettes and carrots through a spiralizer to make long spaghetti. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add a little oil. Quickly fry the carrots for 4 – 5 minutes then add the courgettes for 2 minutes, tossing together lightly.
- Warm the pesto and mix with the vegetables and reserved pinenuts.