Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli is a supermarket ready meal favourite but why not make your own? It’s easier than you think!
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz) double zero '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g (9 oz) baby spinach
- 100 g (4 oz) ricotta spinach
- 50 g (2 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and roughly chopped
- First make the pasta. Measure the flour, eggs, salt and oil into a bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon, the jnead it in the bowl, using your hands, to form a dough. Tip out onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until shiny and smooth. Wrap in cling film and rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into into 4 balls. Roll out one ball to a small rectangle, then feed it through a pasta machine, starting on the widest setting. Go through each setting 2-3 times, working up from 1 to 5. Sprinkle flour over the sheets occasionally so they don’t stick.
- Cut the long sheet of pasta in half so you have 2 sheets that measure about 30 x 10 cm (12 x 4 in) . Repeat with the remaining balls until you have 8 sheets. leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss in flour, then place on a baking sheet dusted with flour. Cover with cling film. Alternatively, hang the pasta from the pasta stand.
- To make the filling, wilt the spinach in a frying pan. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool, then add the remaining ingredients. Put one sheet of pasta on the work surface and spoon 6 teaspoons of the filling along the sheet. Brush a little water around the filling, put another sheet on top and press down around it to seal the edges.
- Put around the fillings to make 6 squares, scoring the edges with a fork. Dust with flour and leave to dry for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Repeat to make 24 squares.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and tomatoes and warm through. Cook the ravioli in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, then serve with sauce spooned over.