Dig in your fork & twirl around the spaghetti, before tucking in to this deliciously creamy & rich carbonara.
- 225 g spaghetti
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g pancetta, diced
- 125 ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- a little salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of lightly salted, boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the pancetta for three to four minutes until browned.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, egg yolks, Parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Immediately stir in the egg and cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the pancetta, toss with the sauce and heat through.
- You can thin the sauce with a little extra cream if necessary.
- Serve straightaway with some freshly grated Parmesan.