Marshmallows at the ready! Stack them on top of your cupcake before getting messy decorating.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Cupcakes:
- 125 g butter (at room temperature) or margarine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
For the Icing:
- 500 g vanilla buttercream
- 50 g orange fondant icing or colour white fondant orange
- a little milk chocolate
- edible silver baubles
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C Fan)/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy, then spoon into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes until pale golden and well risen. Leave to cool.
- Mix the fondant icing sugar with some water to make a good spreading consistency.
- Place one large marshmallow in the centre of each cake. Spread over a little icing and then stick the medium sized marshmallow on top to make the snowman’s head.
- Press silver baubles into the marshmallows to make the eyes and the buttons.
- Shape an orange jelly bean to make the Snowman’s nose and wrap an orange peel scarf around the snowman.
- Make holes in the side of the large Marshmallow and stick short lengths of flake either side to make the arms.
- Make the hat from one half of an Oreo Cookies and stick a Rolo on top.