Marshmallows at the ready! Stack them on top of your cupcake before getting messy decorating.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Cupcakes:
- 125 g butter (at room temperature) or margarine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
For the Icing:
- 500 g vanilla buttercream
- 50 g orange fondant icing or colour white fondant orange
- a little milk chocolate
- edible silver baubles
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C Fan)/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy, then spoon into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes until pale golden and well risen. Leave to cool.
- Mix the fondant icing sugar with some water to make a good spreading consistency.
- Place one large marshmallow in the centre of each cake. Spread over a little icing and then stick the medium sized marshmallow on top to make the snowman’s head.
- Press silver baubles into the marshmallows to make the eyes and the buttons.
- Shape an orange jelly bean to make the Snowman’s nose and wrap an orange peel scarf around the snowman.
- Make holes in the side of the large Marshmallow and stick short lengths of flake either side to make the arms.
- Make the hat from one half of an Oreo Cookies and stick a Rolo on top.