Snowman Christmas Cupcakes
Get crafty in the kitchen & create these fun & festive snowman cupcakes. Plus, they make the perfect pressie – BFFs, teachers & even grannies will love them!
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Cupcakes
- 100 g softened butter or soft margarine
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- icing sugar for dusting
- 150 g ready to roll white icing
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- red fizzy laces for the scarves
- tubes of coloured Writing Icing (available in supermarkets)
- sugar baubles (for cake decoration) or silver baubles
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 300F /.Gas 4/fan oven 160C. Place the softened butter or margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for a few minutes, until the mixture is light in colour and fluffy.
- Line a bun tin with 8 paper cases and divide the mixture between them, filling the cases about two thirds full. Bake for about 20 minutes until the cakes are risen and lightly golden. Lift the cakes (still in their paper cases) out of the tins and leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust a clean working surface with icing sugar and roll out the icing to about 5mm/1/4”. Cut out 8 circles using a small pastry cutter that is the same size as the top of your cakes. Put the apricot jam into a small dish and stir in 1 tablespoon of hot water, then brush this over the surface of the cakes and stick the circles of icing on top.
- To decorate the cakes, use marshmallows for the snowmen’s heads, black writing icing for the eyes, red writing icing for the smiles and sugar baubles for noses (stick them on with a blob of Writing Icing). Stick the heads on the cakes using a little apricot jam, then stick on the sugar bauble buttons. Wrap Fizzy Laces around the snowmen’s necks for scarves.