Sherry Berry Dessert
This one’s for the adults. Prep your pud in advance so that the sherry syrup soaks into the sponge fingers.
- 200 ml sherry
- juice 1 small lemon
- 100 g caster sugar
- 20 sponge fingers
- 300 ml double cream
- 225 g raspberries
- 225 g blackberries
- 150 g blueberries
- Arrange the sponge fingers in a shallow dish
- Put the sherry, sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan. Dissolve over the heat then boil for 30 seconds.
- Pour half of the syrup over the biscuits and leave to soak. Pour the remaining into a large mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Add the double cream to the bowl with the syrup and whisk using a electric hand whisk until light and fluffy.
- Put half of the soaked biscuits into the bases of 6 glasses. Too with half of the cream and half of the mixed berries. Repeat twice, so you have two layers of each. chill for 1 hour before serving.