Sesame Beef Stir Fry
Introduce new flavours with this tender beef stir fry, a family favourite all year round.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 100 g baby sweetcorn cut into quarters
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded & cut into matchsticks
- 1 courgette (approx 100g) cut into matchsticks
- 300 g beef fillet, or rump steak cut into very fine strips
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir fry the garlic, carrots, sweetcorn and courgette for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the beef and continue to stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour together with a tablespoon of water and stir into the beef stock.
- Stir this into the pan together with the sugar, soy sauce, Tabasco and sesame seeds.
- Bring to the simmer, cook until slightly thickened and serve with rice.