Hearty, filling & tasty, this is the breakfast of champs! Try it with a spoonful of fresh tomato salsa on the side.
Did you know that runny or soft-boiled eggs are safe for babies / toddlers to eat? Find out more here
For the Dish:
- 1 English muffin
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- a knob of butter, for cooking, plus extra for the muffins
For the Salsa
- 1 tomato, deseeded & diced
- 2 thin spring onions, sliced
- 1/4 red chilli (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Slice the muffin in half and toast the two halves in the toaster.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix all of the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl and season.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season. Melt the butter in a pan, and when it starts to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Immediately reduce the heat to medium/low and sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently, and cook over the heat for 2 -3 minutes until the eggs look wet but are no longer liquid. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Butter the toasted muffin halves and place on a plate. Top them with the scrambled eggs and then a little of the salsa.