Scary Spider Pizza
These ghoulish homemade pizzas are the ultimate fuel ahead of trick or treating
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 225 g strong white flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 150 ml warm water
- 8 tbsp tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 250 g block mozzarella
- Roughly 12 large pitted black olives
- To make the base, measure the flour, yeast, oil and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir together with the water to form a dough. Tip onto a work surface and knead together for about 5 minutes until springy.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C Fan. When doubled in size, tip onto a work surface and knead, then stretch out to make a large 30cm circle. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes and paste together and spread over the top of the pizza.
- Slice each olive in half and put 3 halves onto the pizza and slice the remaining into thin strips to make the spider’s legs.
- Slice the block mozzarella into 4 pieces widthways using a ghost cutter and stamp out ghosts.
- Put the pizza into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden then add the ghosts and put back into the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until melted but the shape of the ghosts is still intact.