This ham & cheese crepe is delicious. Serve with a simple side salad & for a quick & tasty tea!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 200 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 pancakes
- 30 g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan and add the oil. Saute the mushrooms over a high heat for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through and golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a medium saucepan and saute the shallot for five minutes, until soft. Add the white wine vinegar and cook for two minutes then stir in the flour to make a smooth paste. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk a little at a time to make a smooth sauce.
- Return to the heat and bring up to the boil, whisking constantly, so that the sauce thickens. Add the mustard, if using, and crème fraiche and simmer for two minutes. Remove from the heat, add the chicken and mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the four pancakes, mounding it slightly in the centre. Fold the sides of the pancake inwards then fold the top down and the bottom up to enclose the filling in a rectangular parcel. Put the parcels on the prepared baking tray, seam side down.
- Scatter the cheeses over the top of the pancake parcels and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden and the base of the pancakes are brown and crisp. Carefully transfer to plates using a fish slice.