Salmon with Tomato and Sweet Potato
It’s important to include oily fish like salmon in your baby’s diet as it contains essential fatty acids that are vital for brain and visual development. Here’s a really easy to prepare quick and tasty recipe for your baby.
- 225 g Salmon fillet
- 250g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 40g Unsalted butter
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes, skinned deseeded and chopped
- 40g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Put the salmon in a suitable dish for microwaving, add the milk and dot with 15g butter, cover and cook for about 2 mins or until cooked.
- Steam, or boil, the sweet potato until tender (around 12 mins)
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the tomatoes and saute until mushy. Stir in the cheese until melted
- Blend the sweet potato with the tomato mixture
- Remove the fish from its cooking liquor and flake, making sure there are no bones and mix with the sweet potato and tomatoes
- For younger babies, you can blend the fish together with the sweet potato and tomato for a smoother texture.