Salmon & Cod Burgers
We know that the healthy omega-3 fats contained in oily fish are important for your brain, nervous system and vision and they continue to be hugely important post-pregnancy. These deliciously melt-in-the-mouth burgers provide an important dose of the good stuff!
- 125g salmon fillet, skinned and diced
- 125g cod, skinned and diced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- 100g mayonnaise
- 30g gherkins chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 mini brioche buns, to serve
- 6 slices tomato, to serve
- 6 lettuce leaves, to serve
- To make the burgers, measure all of the ingredients in a processor. Whiz until finely chopped. Shape into 6 burgers.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes each side until lightly golden and cooked through in the middle.
- Mix all the ingredients for the tartar sauce together in a small bowl.
- Slice the buns in half. Arrange some lettuce on top, then the burger, add a slice of tomato, some tartar sauce and then finally the top of the bun.