Salmon, Broccoli & Spinach Puree
A powerhouse of a puree with three superfoods – salmon, broccoli, spinach. It’s important to include oily fish like salmon in your baby’s diet from 6 months as the essential fatty acids are important for their brain and visual development.
- A knob of butter
- 100g shallots, sliced
- 225g peeled potatoes, diced
- 300 ml water
- 225g salmon fillet, diced
- 100g broccoli florets
- 30g baby spinach
- 75ml milk
- 15g parmesan cheese, grated
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the shallots and potatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Add the water, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon and broccoli and cover and simmer for another 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through. Add the spinach two minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Add the milk and parmesan cheese.
- Blend until smooth using an electric hand blender and the lemon juice.