Roasted Vegetable Galette
Using ready-rolled puff pastry as a base for this delicious galette turns it into a super-easy dish.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
- 2 red onions, peeles and sliced into thin wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small courgettes, halved lengthways then sliced into crescent shapes
- 375g (13 oz) packed ready-rolled puff pastry
- a little plain flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thhyme leaves
- 2 x 240g (9 oz) packets mozorella cheese, sliced
- 75g (3 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200⁰C/ 400⁰F/ Gas 6 and put a baking sheet in the oven
Put the aubergine red pepper and onions on a baking tray. Toss with olive oil and season to taste
Roast for about 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Add the courgettes, the roast for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface to a rectangle roughly 35 x 28 cm (14 x 11 in). Score a 2 cm (3/4 in) border around the edge with a knife. Pierce the center of the pastry several times with a fork and brush with a little of the egg wash. Place on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, press down the center within the scored line, spread with the sun-dried tomato paste and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Arrange the cooled roasted vegetables on top. Season, arrange the mozzarella slices on top of the vegetables and sprinkle over the Cheddar.
Brush the border of the pastry with a little more beaten egg.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until browned on top and golden and crisp underneath. Remove from the oven, slice into 8 rectangles and serve.