Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
- 4 x 220 g boxes Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 onions, sliced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 tbs sun-dried tomato paste
- 400 mls vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C. Remove the vines from the tomatoes & place on a baking sheet. Frizzle with 1tbs of oil & season. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, carrots & celery. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the tomato puree & tomato paste. Stir together, the blend in the stock. Bring up to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes & simmer for another 5 minutes. Blend until smooth using a stick blender.