Roast Rack of Lamb
Rack of lamb is always a favourite and you can make a small portion for two. Instead of roast potatoes why not serve with some tasty cannellini beans. They contain twice as much iron as beef and are a good source of fibre.
- 300 g Trimmed rack of lamb
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsps Tomato puree
- 1 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsps Basil, chopped
- 1 tsps Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, 220 C Fan, Gas 6.
- Trim all of the fat from the rack of lamb. Brush with oil and season. Rub the thyme over the lamb. Heat a frying pan until hot. Brown on both sides for 1 ½ minutes. Place on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes. Cover and roast for 5 minutes.
- To make the beans: Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cannellini beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Bring up to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the herbs and season to taste.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the tomato, basil and beans.