Serving cooked rice with veggies is an ideal way to introduce texture to your baby’s food.
- 50 g onion, chopped
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 110 g basmati rice or pasta shells
- 450 ml boiling water
- 150 g butternut squash, peeled & chopped
- 225 g ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded & chopped
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute the onion in half the butter until softened.
- Stir in the rice or pasta shells until well coated.
- Pour over the boiling water, cover pan with a lid and cook for 8 minutes over a high heat.
- Stir in the butternut squash, reduce the heat and cook, covered, for about 12 minutes or until or the water had been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan, add the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes,
- Stir in the cheese until melted, then stir the tomato and cheese mixture into the cooked rice.