Rigatoni with Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella
This pasta bake is perfect for a mid-week family meal. The whole family will love this dish, If you wish you could spice it up by adding some chilli.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated
- 150g rigatoni
- 50g mozzarella pearls
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and pepper and fry for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 30’seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, honey and bring up to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes , then purée until smooth.
- Add the basil mascarpone and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions . Drain and add to the sauce. Mix well and add the mozzarella.
- Spoon into a small dish . Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Place under a hot grill for 5 minutes.