Make the perfect crumble every time with this simple recipe, guaranteed to give you a tangy, sweet & moreish flavour – leaving you wanting seconds!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 400 g rhubarb
- 100 g strawberries
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 150 g plain flour
- 75 g demerara sugar
- 100 g butter, cut into chunks
- 50 g ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- To make the topping, mix the flour together with the salt in a bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the ground almonds and sugar.
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces not larger than half an inch and halve the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the ground almonds over the base of a suitable ovenproof dish (a round pyrex dish with a 17cm diameter is good).
- Mix the rhubarb and strawberries together with the sugar and spoon into the dish.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble topping and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the topping is golden brown.