Round up your little monsters to decorate these spooktastic muffins, a delicious party treat.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 125 g butter
- 125 g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinanmon
- 100 g sultanas
- 125 g pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 tub of ready made buttercream
- Orange food colouring
- Chocolate flavoured writing icing
- 150 g ready to roll white icing
- Green food colouring
- Brown food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a free standing electric mixer. Whisk until blended. Spoon into the cases.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and lightly golden on top.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile colour two thirds of the ready to roll icing green and two thirds brown. Roll out the green icing and shape into 12 leaves , use a toothpick to draw the veins on the leaves. Shape the brown icing into 12 stalks.
- Colour the buttercream orange and spread the icing over the cupcakes.
- Decorate with eyes, noses and mouths using the chocolate flavoured writing icing and then add the leaves and stalks to the pumpkins.