These brain boosting oat bars are packed full of nutritious ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, cranberries & dried apricots.
- 80 g butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 60 g (2 tbsp) golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 130 g porridge oats
- 35 g chopped, dried apple
- 35 g chopped, dried apricots
- 25 g dried cranberries
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 25 g desicated coconut
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the butter and syrup mixture.
- Line and grease a 20cm square baking tin. Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down to level the surface (try using a potato masher to make it easier)
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180°C for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge and cut into bars before serving.