Popcake Easter Eggs
Popcakes are enjoying their hayday right now – little ones will be hopping to the kitchen to help decorate their own colourful popcake creations!
- 220g Madeira cake
- 3 tbsp ready-made vanilla butter cream
- Popcake sticks
- Coloured straws
- 250g white chocolate
- Food gel for colouring
- Alternatively you could use assorted coloured Candy Melts (available from Lakeland)
- Polka Dot & Mini Jazzies cake decorating sweets
- Hundreds and Thousands
- Crumble the Madeira cake into a bowl. Add the buttercream and mix using your hands until the mixture comes together. Shape into 8 eggs. Insert a pop stick into the middle and form the egg around it and set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until runny. Divide the melted chocolate between three bowls and colour one yellow, one blue and one pink. Alternatively use Candy melts to coat the eggs. Dip each egg into the chocolate and swirl around to coat the egg. Decorate with the sweets. They should stick onto the melted chocolate before it sets completely. You can also use hundreds and thousands sprinkled onto the eggs to create stripes. If the chocolate sets too quickly you can use a hairdryer to melt the chocolate!
- Leave to set on a stand. Popcake stands are cheap to buy or a polystyrene box will also work.