Perfect Roast Beef
This easy, succulent roast beef recipe makes the ultimate Sunday lunch for all the family.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1.8kg trimmed beef topside
- olive oil
- 2 tbsps of sage, chopped
- 2 tbsps of thyme, chopped
- 800g white potatoes, peeled
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeles
- 1 bulb garlic, slice in half
- thyme leaves
- 3 tbsps plain flour
- 150 mls red wine
- 450 mls beef stock
- Worcester sauce
- sugar to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C fan.
- Season the beef. Rub with a little olive oil & the herbs
- Put into the oven for 10 minutes, then turn down to 200C fan. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Then rest.
- Whilst the beef is resting, heat 2 trays of oil in the oven. Cut the potatoes into large chunks.
- Boil the white potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain. Put onto the tray from the oven with the garlic and coat in the warm oil.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the other oven tray.
- Roast both trays for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and brown.
- Remove the beef from the roasting tin.
- For the gravy: Place a pan on the hob. Add wine & stock and bring up to the boil. Add Worcester sauce and sugar. Add the flour and whiz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!