Pasta Meatball Bake
There’ll be smiles around the dinner table when you bring over this bubbling-hot dish of meatballs & pasta.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 350 g lean minced beef
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- a dash of sugar
- 125 g Mozzarella, sliced
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 225 g fusilli pasta
- In a bowl, mix together the minced beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, and chopped thyme. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once mixed to a firm consistency, shape into 20 balls.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and add the meatballs. Simmer for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water as per the packet instructions, drain and add to the sauce along with the basil.
- Spoon into a dish and cover with the cheeses.
- Grill for 10 minutes on a medium heat until melted and golden. Then dinner is ready!