A powerhouse of a puree great for growing little ones. Top tip, add a tiny bit of grated apple for a sweet fruity zing.
- a knob of dairy free margarine or butter
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and diced
- 250 g sweet potato
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 250 ml unsalted or weak vegetable stock, or water
- 75 g baby spinach
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the diced parsnip, sweet potato and apple.
- Sauté for 2 – 3 minutes, then add the stock or water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add the spinach and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.