This hot & fresh rice dish is healthy, nutritious & quick to make. Popular veggies to pack in are peppers, baby corn, frozen peas & spring onions.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 200 g rice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (1 tsp)
- 50 g shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 50 g baby corn, cut into small disks
- 40 g red pepper, diced
- 100 g frozen peas
- Rinse the rice & cook according to packet instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, beat the eggs with 1 tsp soy sauce & 1 tbsp water. Cook in a frying pan until set into a thin omelette.
- Transfer to a board, roll up and cut into strips & transfer to a plate. Heat 1 tbsp oil & stir fry the shallots for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Stir in the garlic & cook for 1 minute then add the sugar & cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until the sugar has melted. Add the pepper & corn, soften for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice & peas, stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the rice is hot & peas are cooked.
- Stir in remaining soy sauce & omelette pieces.