Unleash the Moroccan flavour in this meatball dish, which is mildly spiced so the whole family can tuck in.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g butternut squash coarsely grated
- 0.5 tsps fresh ginger, grated
- 0.5 tsps garam masala
- 0.5 tsps ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsps ground coriander
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsps sundried tomato paste
- 1 tsps honey
- 125 g pork or chicken mince
- 125 g beef mince
- 30 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 15 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 tsps chopped coriander
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g pasta or rice
- To make the sauce heat the oil in a saucepan & add the onion & butternut squash. Sauté for 5 minutes, add the ginger & spices & fry for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Season & simmer for 10 minutes until the onion & squash are soft. Blend until smooth.
- To make the meatballs mix all the ingredients together & season. Shape into 20 balls.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then drop the meatballs in a single layer. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta or rice according to the packet instructions