Moroccan Lamb Tagine
Make your tagine a day before so the flavours of the lamb, spices & apricots have time to mature & meld together.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1kg lamb neck fillet, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- juice of half a lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C / 325 F.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a casserole. Brown the lamb in batches. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spices, tomatoes, puree, apricots, honey and lemon. Stir and add the lamb. Bring up to the boil. Cover and simmer on the hob or in the oven for 1 ½ hours until tender. Season to taste.