Toasted English muffins make delicious pizza bases. Just let kids choose their favourite toppings & pop them under the grill for a few minutes.
- 1/2 (25g) small red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 English muffins
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn
- 2 slices of ham
- 25 g mozzarella or grated cheese
Suggested Toppings (enough for two pizza's)
- Mushrooms, sliced, sauteed plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ring pineapple, diced
- stoned black olives, thinly sliced
- baby courgettes, thinly sliced and sauteed, plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the tomato puree, sun dried tomato paste and water and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split the muffins and toast. Preheat the grill to high and spread the tomato sauce over the muffins. Sprinkle over the ham and sweetcorn and cover with the grated cheese.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the pizzas for 4 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Decorate with your favourite toppings. Allow to cool slightly before serving.