Mini Fish Pies
Kids will love watching these mini fish pies bubble in the oven, before digging into their own portions in small ramekin dishes.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 700 g potatoes
- 30 g butter
- 6 tbsp milk
- a little salt and pepper (optional)
- 300 g salmon, skin removed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 300 g cod, skin removed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 75 g frozen peas
- 45 g butter
- 1 large shallot, diced or one medium onion
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 45 g flour
- 450 ml fish stock
- 6 tbsp cream
- 40 g freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain and mash with butter and milk and season to taste.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter and sauté the shallot for 5 to 6 minutes until soft. Add the white wine vinegar and boil for 2 to 3 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually stir in the fish stock and then cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously. Bring to the boil and then cook stirring until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan until melted and then stir in the cream and the chopped dill. Season well as the fish is unseasoned.
- Divide the fish and peas between six mini ramekins (10 x 5 cm) pour over the sauce and cover with mashed potato. Alternatively you can make one large fish pie in an ovenproof dish.
- Brush the potato topping with a little egg.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Finish off under a pre-heated grill to brown the top.