Give your tea the wow factor with mini ramekins of Cottage Pie, that kids will love. Serve with their favourite veggies & some gravy.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- a knob of butter
- a little milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 150 g lean minced beef
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 250 ml weak unsalted beef stock
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- a few drops of Worceshire Sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with water, then boil for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain and mash with the butter and milk.
- Put the oil into a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 5 minutes. Add the beef and fry until browned. Add the flour, and then blend in the stock, purée, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and spoon the mixture into 4 ramekins (each approx. 10cm/4in diameter). Spread the mash on top and fork it over to create a pattern. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the meat is bubbling and the top is brown.