Mini Chicken & Potato Pies
Let kids have fun creating silly faces out of veggies, before tucking in to this deliciously creamy chicken pie.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g leeks, washed and sliced
- 375 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 30 g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Salt and ground pepper
- 200 g minced chicken or turkey
- 1/2 stick of celery chopped
- 1 small carrot, (50g), chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 75 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp fresh or fried thyme
- Extra knob of butter
To decorate (optional)
- 1 leek washed and sliced
- 2 baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 carrot
- 6 frozen peas
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and leek for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until tender and then mash together with the milk and butter. Season to taste.
- Add the minced chicken, celery and grated carrot and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and chop for a few seconds to give the mixture a smooth texture, if desired.
- Return to the pan and add the ketchup, boiling stock and herbs. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill. Divide the chicken between three 10cm /4 “ ramekin dishes and top with the mashed potato.
- Dot the top with a little butter and place under the grill until golden.
- Decorate each with vegetables to create a funny face of your design.