Mini Chicken Balls
I developed this recipe for my son who was very fussy, he loved apples but refused to eat chicken.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 340 g chicken thigh mince
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 35 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1 small egg yolk
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, sauté the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic & sauté for 1 minute. Leave to cool.
- Mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, sautéed onion, Parmesan, grated apple, egg yolk & sage. Lightly dust in flour.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Cook the chicken balls for about 5 minutes or until golden & cooked through.