Exclusive recipe from Annabel’s Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book
Grated apple is the secret ingredient here. It makes the burgers succulent and tender, giving them a flavour that babies love. Simply blitz all the ingredients together in a blender and you’re good to go. Freeze any leftover cooked burgers so you know you have a home-cooked meal ready and waiting on those busy days.
- 75g / 3oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 100g / 4oz peeled and grated carrot
- 50g / 2oz peeled, cored and grated apple
- 250g / 9oz lean minced beef
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 25g / 1oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Canapé-style mini burger rolls (optional)
- Carrot sticks, halved cherry tomatoes and tomato ketchup, to serve
- Place the breadcrumbs in the bowl of a food processor with the onion, carrot, apple, minced beef, garlic, thyme and Parmesan and blitz until finely chopped.
- Transfer the burger mixture to a bowl and use your hands to shape it into 20 mini burgers.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- Place the burgers on the baking sheet and place under the grill for 5 minutes. Turn over and grill for a further 3–5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve in mini burger rolls, if you wish, with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and ketchup.