Mild King Prawn Curry
This delicious aromatic prawn curry is quick and easy to prepare and a favourite in my house.
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Gralic, crushed
- 0.5 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 50 g Creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Mango chutney
- 450 g King Prawns, raw
- 300 g Rice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and red pepper for 5 minutes until almost soft.
- Add the garam masala and coat the onion mixture. Add the tinned tomatoes, water, creamed coconut, tomato puree and mango chutney. Bring to the boil , cover with the lid, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the hot sauce with seasoning and stir over the heat until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice cooked according to the instructions on the packet