This mezze platter is perfect for serving a crowd! Filled with fresh veggies, pita, and assorted spreads and dips, it offers a little something for everyone.
1 clove garlic, crushed
Squeeze lemon juice
3 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
150g sour cream
juice of ½ lemon
2 x 250g halloumi cheese
Cut up lots of fresh vegetable crudites & toast pitta bread. Arrange with homemade Baba Ghanoush, Hummus & crispy halloumi fries.
- Preheat the oven to 200 fan. Put the aubergines onto a baking sheet. Brush with oil & season. Roast for 20-25 minutes until soft. Leave to cool. Remove the skin.
- Place the flesh into a goof processor. Add the garlic lemon & olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with Zaatar, salt & pepper.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic and olive oil in a food processor and whizz until blended, or blitz with a hand blender. Add the sour cream and lemon juice and blend again until smooth.
- Put the zaatar & plain flour onto a plate.
- Slice the halloumi into chip shapes. You will get around 15 chips from each block.
- Coast the cheese in the flour.
- Heat a saucepan of sunflower oil until hot. Deep fry the fries in small batches until golden. This will take about 1-2 minutes per batch.
- Makes 30 halloumi fries.
Similar products you might enjoy!