- 8 chicken drumsticks or 4 large chicken thighs (skin on)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500 g (1lb 2oz) tomato passata
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- salt and black pepper
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C/400⁰F/Gas 6.
- Score each chicken leg or thigh a few times with a sharp knife and drizzle with the olive oil, Rub the garlic into the chicken, then place it in a roasting tin or ovenproof dish. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the onion and pepper to the roasting tin and bake for a further 15 minutes until just softened.
- Mix the passata with the sundried tomato paste and pour it over the chicken and vegetables.
- Season and bake for a further 10 minutes, until bubbling.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve.