This is a quick & tasty way to cook rice pud, which kids will love. Stir in some stewed plums or strawberry jam for a fruity flavour.
- 50 g pudding rice
- 750 ml milk
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Put the rice, milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Split the vanilla pod, if usng, and scrape the seeds into the pan, or add the vanilla essence.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 – 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix with fruit or a topping of your choice such as strawberry jam or fruit puree.