Lovely Lentil & Egg Puree
Eggs should be introduced early on in weaning, so why not try this protein-packed puree which includes a boiled egg.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 70g courgette, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30g dried red lentils
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 250mls vegetable stock
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the leek, potato and courgette and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Put the egg into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and a lid. Bring up to the boil. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the egg and slice into quarters. The yolk should be runny.
- Add the egg to the lentils and blend to a smooth or chunky consistency.