Exclusive recipe from Annabel’s Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book
It will be hard to go back to shop-bought nuggets after you have tasted these. And check out the secret snap, crackle and pop ingredient!
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 45g / 1½oz Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon finely grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 200g / 7oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm / ½ in cubes
- dips, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place half the oil in the bowl of a food processor with the Rice Krispies and grated cheeses and blitz to evenly combine (you may need to stop and scrape the mixture down from the sides of the bowl a couple of times). Alternatively, crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Transfer the Krispie mixture to a wide, shallow bowl or a large plate.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with the milk and mix the flour with a little salt and pepper (if using) and spread it out on a large plate. Grease a baking sheet with the remaining oil.
- Toss the chicken cubes in the flour, dip them in the egg, then coat them in the Krispie coating. Lay them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy, turning them over halfway.
- Serve immediately, with dips if you wish (mayonnaise, ketchup).